Carlie Elizabeth Nielsen












Carlie is here, and she's wonderful! She arrived at 6:48, after a quick delivery. She weighed 7 pounds, 8 ounces, and is 21 inches long. If you saw Cadence as a newborn, then you already know what Carlie looks like. The only difference is her dark hair, which is much thicker than what Zack or Cadence came with. Needless to say, we think she's just beautiful!
We've only heard her cry about twice, and she had a great night. She seems to be very easy going. I got to watch JJ give her a bath, which I didn't get to see with the other kids. She was crying then, but when JJ got down close to talk to her, she calmed right down. It was cute enough to make me cry. :) Of course, many things in the last 24 hours have made me cry.
Cadence and Zack came to the hospital last night to meet Carlie, and she was a big hit. Cadence couldn't get enough of her and just wanted to hold her. While I think Zack is very excited about her, he's very cautious and will pat her head a little and then run off like he doesn't want to do too much. She's going to love both of them!
I'm so overwhelmed with emotions, and even if I had a clue of how to begin to express them, words wouldn't be enough. Last night as I sat with my not so little family of five, I just felt so blessed to be sitting with my sweet angels. What fun being a wife and a mom has proved to be!

Comments

You made me cry! I'm so happy for you. It sounds like everything is just about as perfect as can be. Please let me know if you need anything.
Coombs Family said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Coombs Family said…
Congratulations! Where are some pics? ;)
Amber said…
congrats! You are an amazing woman!! I can't imagine a family of five. Can't wait to see some pictures!
Tiffany said…
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys! You are the cutest mom! I can't wait to see pictures of this adorable baby!
Carolyn said…
Oh, congratulations April! I am so happy for you and I can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful little Carlie. I love the story about JJ giving her a bath too; how sweet! I hope you are feeling well. Congratulations!
Brenda said…
Congrats!! April, You are AMAZING!!
Coombs Family said…
Awe, such a sweet brand new baby! I wanna just snuggle her and smell that sweet baby scent!
Congratulations, April and JJ! She's beautiful! :) I hope you're feeling great, April!
The Dummers said…
Congrats!! I still can't believe you have three kids! She's adorable! I'm looking forward to more pics later!
Bill & Jen said…
Oh My, Carlie is beautiful!!! Congrats you guys!
Katie said…
Wow! A family of 5. It sounds so big. Congratulation! Way to go mom. You have a cute family. I never doubted Cadence and Zack would be great big siblings. Your kids are so lucky.
Liz said…
Congratulations, I love your family! You all look so happy and Carlie ELIZABETH really is so beautiful. You aren't biased at all, she is amazing. (and Cadence and Zack)

Also, I don't know how you do it, but within an hour of having a baby you are always ready for the camera.
andrea said…
you still look gorgeous even after delivering a child! your hair is still gorgeous and curly! how do you do it?!

I miss you april :(

love always,
Andrea
(from your favorite calling in the ward...YW :)

Popular posts from this blog

fun times and school

Do you even remember me?

Cooper is here!!!