The Happy Ending

After a year of showing the house and never actually selling it, we have decided to call it quits. We are too stubborn to lower the price and we are sick of leaving our house so that strangers can come look at it and not buy it.
We made the startling discovery that we have no good reason for moving right now anyway. We would love to be in a bigger place, but we actually fit quite well. We are having another boy, which means bedrooms are no problem. JJ's job is just 7 minutes away, and we live in a great little neighborhood. And we have a whole list of things that we have always wanted to do to our house, and now we're actually going to do them!
To my dear neighbors. . . you are welcome. Not for the gift of our continued presence, but for the fall of the big red cross that uglied up the street. It was one big sign. In fact, I have never seen one so huge, or conspicuous. I'm pretty sure it was visible from space, but apparently no aliens were in the market.
Look at him haul that sign off! Yah, he works out.


p.s. I wanted the second picture first, which means I should have loaded them backwards, which I didn't do, and now I can't move them. Could blogger make it a little easier to rearrange things?



Comments

Anonymous said…
your house is gorgeous from everything I see! I would want to keep it too! And look how nice your street and neighborhood are! What does JJ do for a living? Maybe that's what we shoulda done...or maybe we just need patience, one or the other...
Katie said…
I bet that's a relief! I hated having to keep my house clean for everyone else to see all the time. So stressful! You'll have to post pics of your home improvements. We're working on several of our own. Our plan was to sell our house this year too but we're not even going to try. We'll just keep working on it. :)
Heather Strong said…
Ha ha aliens! Funny! I am glad you guys aren't moving!
Liz said…
That is a big sign! Don't worry, we aren't moving into a bigger house for about five years, so we'll just try and be neighbors then. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

fun times and school

Do you even remember me?

Cooper is here!!!