I got a Golden Ticket!


Well, not really. I got the "no thanks" from Idol producers on Tuesday. And yes, I'm aware that I look like a blob; this is just the way I do my pregnancies. But what an experience! I had so much fun! JJ and I got in line at 5 am, and one of the Idol guys saw me and he was like, "You're really pregnant, you can go to the front of the line." So, while everyone else stood outside for hours and hours, JJ and I sat inside the arena on the floor level! Before we went inside, the American Idol cameras interviewed me for a few minutes and it was so fun! He wrote down my name, so I thought I'd get an audition for sure, but it turned out that that didn't mean anything. I
The most fun part was when they were filming the whole crowd singing, "Ain't No Mountain High Enough," and "Get Ready." All of the Idol producers were really cool and I'm glad I did it.
I was feeling really good about my songs when I was practicing in the morning, but my nerves got the best of me and I definitely did not do well when I auditioned. So, as I walked out the loser door, I was choking back tears. I've always known I'm a pretty mediocre singer, so I seriously wasn't expecting anything. Not expecting, just hoping.
As I walked to the car with JJ, I realized how sad I would be to change the perfect life I have right now. Not going any farther in American Idol just means that I get to be at home every afternoon when JJ comes home from work. And I get to be the one to put Cadence and Zack to bed at night, and I get to be the first one to see them in the morning. I'll get to be the one to take care of our with baby girl when she comes, just like I could with Cadence and Zack. So, I'm extremely thankful for two things, 1, JJ's hard work that lets me be home with the kids, and 2, my appropriate-for-singing-in-church-functions-but-that's-really-all singing voice!
If auditions ever come your way, you should do it! Even with the rejection, it was a very fun day and I have no regrets!

Comments

Gloria said…
Is your hair really that long-wow, you are one hot mama. How are you doing? I am excited that you are having # 3 that is great. Trent and I are a little behind-but we are going to start trying for #2 in the next few months-I will keep you posted. :)
Rose said…
Wow April! I would be too scared! I am sure you were amazing! I remember when you sang at the ward talent show way back when and you did great! You look gorgeous in that picture btw!
Toby and Debby said…
Way to go April!! I would have NEVER in my life tried that. You are AMAZING!!!! Hope you have fun camping...
Ally said…
You are awesome and i think you look amazing! way to go and for sharing the experience. again, you are just awesome!!
Liz said…
Yay, I'm so proud of you! What an awesome experience to say you tried out for American Idol. Who cares if you didn't make it, you still had a fun experience. I now feel even cooler to know you. :-)

P.S. I MISS YOU! PLEASE lets get the families together soon.
Tiffany said…
I always thought you should have tried out. All those boring afternoons at Metrocall when we drove Jeanette and Brenda crazy! You always had such an awesome singing voice and I was more just about annoying everyone! Man I miss those days!
You made me cry talking about being a wife and mother. Good job for losing! You're definitely doing the right thing, even though it would be a lot of fun to see you on TV and vote for you. We need to get together sometime. I miss hanging out and being dumb together. Later cheese curds! :)
April, you are such a great singer! I am so proud of you, I would never have the nerve to do that! You are right though, you have such a wonderful life, why would you want to change something so perfect.
Aubree
Carolyn said…
I think it is so cool that you did this! Good for you. And, for what it's worth, I have always thought that you have a beautiful singing voice. :)
Valerie said…
You so do not look like a blob. You should see me when I'm pregnant. And that is pretty dang cool that you tried out for Idol...pregnant!

Popular posts from this blog

fun times and school

Do you even remember me?

Cooper is here!!!